Saturday 25 August 2012

Colossal Sook

Yeah, I know we've just had a really mild winter and Spring officially starts in less than a week, but. . .

I'M STILL COLD!

So I made a cover for my hot water bottle.

If I can't grasp it directly in my icy cold hands then I'll be able to resist the temptation to warm the hands too quickly and risk a late-season crop of chilblains.

(I hope!)

Here it is, just finished and sitting on my messy couch waiting for the jug to boil. Dralion was trying to steal the camera. Little brat!


Simple garter stitch in an unidentified 8ply acrylic from the NEV Knitting Squad Yarn Bank (I deposited bright 8ply for people to make Christmas Angels out of so I felt less guilty at appropriating this yarn when I really need to stashbust). It's a little big, which is all to the good because it's very snuggly and if I accidentally shrink it somehow then it'll be a perfect fit!

Happy crafting!

~Topaz

1 comment:

  1. Shit, that looks stunning! I love those colours! Well done indeed! Sneaky camera stealing kitteh, they think everything's for them! Keep warm, sugar plum! :)

    ReplyDelete